SANTA CLARA, Calif., Sept. 9, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — With the future of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) soon to be decided by the case of Texas v. United States, eHealth, Inc. (NASDAQ: EHTH) (eHealth.com) has released results from a survey of ACA consumer sentiments on the law and on political proposals for future health care reform.
The survey of consumers who purchased Affordable Care Act (ACA) coverage at eHealth was conducted on a voluntary basis in July 2019. A total of 801 responses were collected.
- Two-thirds of people receiving federal subsidies say they would go uninsured without the ACA: 66% of respondents receiving government premium subsidies say they will likely go uninsured if the ACA is scrapped and their plan canceled, compared to 16% of the unsubsidized.
- The unsubsidized are more likely to say costs should be reduced: 47% of those not receiving government premium subsidies say the cost of coverage should be lowered under the ACA, compared to 35% of those receiving government premium subsidies.
- Coverage for pre-existing conditions tops list of benefits valued by ACA consumers: 77% of respondents say coverage for pre-existing conditions should be retained if the ACA is revised or scrapped.
- Younger consumers are more likely to support expansion of Medicare-like coverage: 67% of people age 25-34 say that all Americans should have access to Medicare or Medicare-like coverage, compared to 46% of people age 55-64.
- The future of health care may play a big role in 2020 elections: A total of 84% of respondents say health care is one of their top 3 issues influencing their vote in the next presidential election.
Read the full report.
eHealth, Inc. (NASDAQ: EHTH) owns eHealth.com, a leading private online health insurance exchange where individuals, families and small businesses can compare health insurance products from brand-name insurers side by side and purchase and enroll in coverage online and over the phone. eHealth offers thousands of individual, family and small business health plans underwritten by many of the nation’s leading health insurance companies. eHealth (through its subsidiaries) is licensed to sell health insurance in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. eHealth also offers educational resources, exceptional telephonic support, and powerful online and pharmacy-based tools to help Medicare beneficiaries navigate Medicare health insurance options, choose the right plan and enroll in select plans online or over the phone through Medicare.com (www.Medicare.com), eHealthMedicare.com (www.eHealthMedicare.com), GoMedigap (www.goMedigap.com) and PlanPrescriber.com (www.PlanPrescriber.com).
For media inquiries, please contact:
DMA Communications for eHealth, Inc.
Senior Director Communications, eHealth, Inc.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ehealth-survey-sheds-light-on-consumer-sentiments-on-the-aca-ahead-of-court-ruling-on-texas-v-united-states-300913573.html
SOURCE eHealth, Inc.