|Page (1) of 1 - 10/04/17||email article||print page|
(October 04, 2017)
Falls Church, VA, Oct. 04, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Amit Rastogi, MD, SVP of Strategy, Growth & Innovation at Inova has been appointed to a leadership role in NEHI’s Health Care Without Walls initiative, which is focused on advancing development of a more distributed and accessible health care system, drawing on current and future technologies. He will co-lead the Healthcare Technology work stream of the initiative, one of its five core program areas, as detailed below.
NEHI (The Network for Excellence in Health Innovation) is a national nonprofit, nonpartisan organization composed of stakeholders from across all key sectors of health care. Through conferences, independent research, and thought leadership, it focuses on advancing innovations that improve individual and population health, increase the quality and efficiency of health care, and produce better value for the entire healthcare system.
NEHI’s Health Care Without Walls Initiative is premised on the notion that advances in technology, such as telehealth and remote sensors, are already shifting some health care outside of conventional institutional settings, including hospitals and physicians’ offices. Coupled with other innovations, such as a greater focus on genomics, population health, new payment models, and an augmented health care work force, these changes could bring health and health care closer to individuals and address their needs as much as possible in the home, community, or work place. The outcome could be a more efficient health care system offering expanded access and lower costs.
NEHI’s project is organized into separate work streams that will examine the opportunities for creating such a system and tackling the barriers that may stand in the way of it. The separate work streams will examine technological developments; payment, reimbursement, and financing issues; regulatory concerns; the health care work force, and human factors bearing on use of technology. The work streams will develop policy recommendations and action plans for policy makers, health care organizations and others to help pave the way for a new health care delivery ecosystem.
“NEHI is delighted to collaborate with Dr. Rastogi on this initiative, which is designed to build on innovative technologies to stimulate beneficial transformation within health care,” said Susan Dentzer, President and CEO of NEHI. “Dr. Rastogi’s experience as a physician executive and a leader in healthcare strategy/innovation will bring enormous value to the Technology work stream and help us produce truly thought-provoking recipes for public policy and organizational change.”
“The combination of genomic science, telehealth/wearable devices and big data has the potential to help solve healthcare’s access and cost issues while improving quality” according to Dr. Rastogi. “Realizing this potential will require a collaborative effort among providers, payers and policymakers.”
The following people and their affiliated organizations have been named to lead respective the Health Care Without Walls work streams:
- Barbara DeBuono, MD, MPH, Vice President, Clinical Strategy and Value Based Care, 3M Health Information Systems
- Dusty Majumdar, PhD, Vice President/Chief Marketing Officer, IBM Watson Health
- Karen Murphy, PhD, RN, Chief Innovation Officer, Geisinger
- Amit Rastogi, MD, MHCM, Senior Vice President for Strategy, Growth and Innovation, Inova
- Sara Vaezy, MHA, MPH, Chief Digital Strategy Officer, Providence St. Joseph Health
- Joel Vengco, MS, MA, Chief Information Officer/Senior Vice President, Baystate Health
- John Bulger, DO, MBA, Chief Medical Officer, Geisinger
- Mark Lutes, JD, MA, Chair, Board of Directors, Epstein Becker Green
- Sunny Ramchandani, PhD, MPH, Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Aetna
- Karen Rheuban, MD, Director, University of Virginia Center for Telehealth
- James Boiani, Member of the Firm, Epstein Becker Green
- Andrea Clegg, MBA, Chief Financial Officer, Advanced ICU Care, Inc.
- Anita McDonnell, RPh, Vice President, Government Health Initiatives and Political Action, Sanofi
- Carla Smith, MA, CNM, FHIMSS, Executive Vice President, HIMSS
- Pascale Carayon, PhD, Procter and Gamble Bascom Professor in Total Quality/Director of the Center for Quality and Productivity Improvement, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Frances Dare, MBA, Managing Director, Health Strategy Practice, Accenture
- Dan Gillette, EdM, Principal Investigator, Public Health Institute; Sr. Research Scientist and Co-Director of Tech for Social Good, CITRIS, UC Berkeley
For more information about Health Care Without Walls, please visit http://www.healthcarewithoutwalls.net
Inova is a global leader in personalized health, which leverages precision medicine together with more patient-centric services to predict, prevent and treat disease, enabling individuals to live longer, healthier lives. At Inova, we serve more than 2 million people each year from throughout the Washington, DC, metro area and beyond.
We are shaping the future of health through our integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes. Our commitment to health and wellness is further reflected in our sustainable practices. Inova is home to world-class researchers, expert medical specialists and renowned scientists, who are driving innovation to improve patient care, prevent disease and promote wellness. For more information, visit inova.org, or find Inova on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
NEHI (Network for Excellence in Health Innovation) is a national nonprofit, nonpartisan organization composed of stakeholders from across all key sectors of health and health care. Its mission is to advance innovations that improve health, enhance the quality of health care, and achieve greater value for the money spent. NEHI consults with its broad membership and conducts independent, objective research and convenings, to accelerate these innovations and bring about changes within health care and in public policy.
For NEHI inquiries or interview requests, contact:
Tim Tassa, Director of Communications, [email protected], 571-722-2534
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/4f62ebd1-3f75-4db6-aef7-f168b2177e00
CONTACT: Tony [email protected]
Related Sites: DMN Newswire , HTN - Health Technology Net
Related Newsletter: Tutorial Finder , Review Seeker , DMN Newswire Newsletter