|Page (1) of 1 - 02/14/18||email article||print page|
(February 14, 2018)
Needham, Massachusetts (PRWEB) February 14, 2018
The Object Management Group® (OMG®), an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium, today announced its Special Events program will be held during OMG Technical Committee (TC) meeting from March 19-23, 2018 at the Hyatt Regency Reston Hotel in Reston, Virginia, USA. Registration for the Special Events program is open to the public. Media can register for a complimentary press pass using the code TCVAP18. The program is supported by OMG annual sponsors, No Magic, RTI, and Sparx Systems.
The Special Events program will feature OMG standards in real-world applications such as business architecture, cybersecurity, government, and healthcare. The special events for the week include:
- Cybersecurity and Internet of Things: Speakers from the U.S. Navy, U.S. Department of Commerce, and MITRE, among others, will discuss key perspectives on IoT security: architectural frameworks, standards requirements, interoperability, systems assurance, cybersecurity, and data governance.
- OMG Meet & Greet: DDS Security™ Demo: The OMG Data-Distribution Service™ (DDS™) Special Interest Group (SIG) co-chairs will present the latest developments in DDS and its relevance in today's connected world. There will also be a multi-vendor live demonstration of interoperability highlighting the OMG DDS Security™ standard.
- Sixth Annual Business Architecture Innovation Summit: This two-day event will feature business practitioners and experts who will share experiences from a cross-section of industries such as aerospace, banking, financial services, group health insurance, software, and federal and local government. The Business Architecture Government Reference Model Workshop is a post-Summit event, focusing on establishing a baseline business architecture reference model for government.
- CISQ™ Cyber Resilience Summit: Cybersecurity leaders from the White House, Department of Defense, and Congress are invited to discuss action plans outlined in Executive Order 13800 for Cybersecurity, the American Technology Council's IT Modernization Report, and the Modernizing Government Technology (MGT) Act. The program covers policy and practice, briefing Federal and State IT leaders on standards for managing cyber risk.
- Data Residency: Status, Challenges and Standards Tutorial and Roundtable: This event explores the definition and scope of data residency, data types that present risks to their owners and custodians, laws and regulations around the world impacting data residency, and standards that might be evolved (or created) to help manage this issue.
- Business Process Modeling in Health Workshop: This event explores the specific and unique needs of the clinical health landscape using the OMG BPMN™ standard. Workshop attendees are also invited to join the OMG Healthcare Committee Meeting for an in-depth discussion about OMG healthcare standards.
- DDS in the Real-World: Focus on Security Tutorial: Speakers from Real-Time Innovations and Twin Oaks Computing will cover DDS fundamentals and discuss deployed application examples in energy, autonomous vehicles, medical systems, and others that illustrate how DDS capabilities and QoS meet real-world application needs.
- Modernization Summit: Features industry experts who will explain how to leverage the OMG Architecture-Driven Modernization™ standard and best practices to help modernize and transform legacy systems in commercial, federal and DoD enterprises.
- Fourth UAF® & MBSE Summit: Explores how to leverage MBSE with architecture modeling to modernize complex systems. A companion tutorial will focus on lifecycle work along with ways to make use of the OMG Unified Architecture Framework® (UAF) standard to accelerate systems development.
- Empowering Government Meetup: This initiative will bring together government, industry, and academia to leverage standards, technologies, and best practices to bear on the important problems and opportunities facing governments at all levels.
OMG members registered for the full OMG Technical Committee Meeting week may attend any special event as part of their registration fee. Non-members may attend any of the special events, although advance registration is required for all events.
OMG Social Media Channels
Follow the Twitter hashtag #OMGTCReston to join the conversation. To learn about becoming an OMG member, click on http://www.omg.org or visit us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or connect with us on LinkedIn.
The Object Management Group® (OMG®) is an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium with representation from government, industry and academia. OMG Task Forces develop enterprise integration standards for a wide range of technologies and an even wider range of industries. OMG's modeling standards enable powerful visual design, execution and maintenance of software and other processes. Visit http://www.omg.org for more information.
Note to editors: Object Management Group and OMG are registered trademarks of the Object Management Group. For a listing of all OMG trademarks, visit http://www.omg.org/legal/tm_list.htm. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2018/02/prweb15201547.htm.
Related Sites: DMN Newswire , HTN - Health Technology Net
Related Newsletter: Tutorial Finder , Review Seeker , DMN Newswire Newsletter