|Page (1) of 1 - 03/30/18||email article||print page|
(March 30, 2018)
KANSAS CITY, Mo., March 30, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cerner announced that 21 of its associates recently earned the distinction of board certification in health care management as Fellows of the American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE®). The American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) is one of the leading professional societies for health care leaders in the nation. The Cerner associates were recognized this week at the Convocation Ceremony at ACHE 2018 Congress on Healthcare Leadership in Chicago.
The FACHE credential represents high achievement and standards of professional development and only around 9,175 health care executives have earned the distinction. This class brings the total number of Cerner executives whom are Fellows of ACHE to 39.
“The health care management field plays a vital role in providing high-quality care to the people in our communities, which makes having a standard of excellence promoted by a professional organization critically important,” said Deborah J. Bowen, FACHE, CAE, president and CEO, ACHE. “By being board-certified in health care management as an ACHE Fellow, health care leaders demonstrate their commitment to excellence in serving their patients and communities.”
To earn the FACHE credential, candidates must fulfill multiple requirements, including meeting academic and experiential criteria, earning continuing education credits, demonstrating professional and community involvement and passing a comprehensive examination. Fellows are also committed to ongoing professional development and are required to undergo recertification every three years.
“Continuing education and professional development are paramount for excellence in an evolving health care industry,” said Zane Burke, president, Cerner. “Cerner continues to be a strong supporter of the ACHE Fellowship program, and the dedication our associates exemplify in becoming Fellows speaks to their ability to lead with intent in an era of transformative change. This distinction signifies both experience and expertise, and brings with it credibility in understanding how Cerner can work with our clients to face the challenges and opportunities ahead.”
The 2018 class of Cerner executives who earned the FACHE credential includes:
- Regan Baron, MHA, RN, vice president, Sales Alignment
- Bret Borota, MBA, senior director, Solution Lifecycle Management
- Jerry Chamberlain, MS, RN, vice president and alignment executive
- David Cohen, MBA, vice president, Intellectual Property Development
- Justin Dickey, MBA, director and client accountable executive
- John Dreager, PhD, vice president and partner
- Melissa Hendricks, MBA, vice president, Marketing Strategy
- Cheryl Hertel, MBA, RN-BC, vice president and client leader
- Kim Hlobik, MBA, senior vice president, Ambulatory and Physician Services
- Durenda Juergensen, MHA, RN, director and chief nursing officer, Hospital Operations
- Nate Kelly, MBA, senior director, Hospital Operations
- Chris Lewis, MD, director and chief medical officer
- Scott Martin, MBA, vice president, Global Operations
- Cree McMains, MHA, vice president and client operations executive
- Darin Rezac, MBA, vice president and client operations executive
- Daryl Sanford, MBA, senior director and client accountable executive
- Kevin Seabaugh, MBA, vice president and sales leader
- Susan Stiles, MHA, MBA, RN, director and solution executive, Oncology
- Darinda Sutton, MSN, RN-BC, vice president and chief nursing officer, Primer Focus
- Bryce Turnbull, MBA, vice president, Enterprise Imaging and CareAware Meds Process
- Melinda Wagner, MBA, RN, senior director and client partner
Cerner has been a Premier Corporate Partner of the ACHE since 2015. For more information regarding the FACHE credential, please contact the ACHE Customer Service Center at (312) 424-9400, by emailing [email protected] or visiting ache.org/FACHE.
About the American College of Healthcare Executives
The American College of Healthcare Executives is an international professional society of 40,000 healthcare executives who lead hospitals, healthcare systems and other healthcare organizations. ACHE’s mission is to advance its members and healthcare management excellence. ACHE offers its prestigious FACHE® credential, signifying board certification in healthcare management. ACHE’s established network of 78 chapters provides access to networking, education and career development at the local level. In addition, ACHE is known for its magazine, Healthcare Executive, and its career development and public policy programs. Through such efforts, ACHE works toward its vision of being the preeminent professional society for healthcare leaders dedicated to improving health. The Foundation of the American College of Healthcare Executives was established to further advance healthcare management excellence through education and research. The Foundation of ACHE is known for its educational programs—including the annual Congress on Healthcare Leadership, which draws more than 4,000 participants—and groundbreaking research. Its publishing division, Health Administration Press, is one of the largest publishers of books and journals on health services management, including textbooks for college and university courses. For more information, visit www.ache.org.
About CernerCerner’s health technologies connect people and information systems at more than 27,000 contracted provider facilities worldwide creating smarter and better care for individuals and communities. Recognized globally for innovation, Cerner assists clinicians in making care decisions and assists organizations in managing the health of their populations. The company also offers an integrated clinical and financial system to help manage day-to-day revenue functions, as well as a wide range of services to support clinical, financial and operational needs, focused on people. For more information, visit Cerner.com, The Cerner Blog or connect on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter or The Cerner Podcast. Nasdaq: CERN. Smarter Care. Better Outcomes. Healthier You.
Cerner Media Contact:
Adam Lee, [email protected], (816) 724-7916
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/019b5f04-0754-4188-8967-fe2ce89ad1b6
Related Sites: AEC Newsroom , Digital CAD , DMN Newswire , itbusinessnet.com , IBN - Business , IBN - Networking , VideoBasedTutorials , HTN - Health Technology Net
Related Newsletter: CADList Newsletter , Tutorial Finder , Review Seeker , IBN - IT Weekly Newsletter