|Page (1) of 1 - 04/11/18||email article||print page|
(April 11, 2018)
Global Newborn Screening Market is estimated to reach USD 2,258.12 million by 2025 from USD 1,008.64 million in 2017, at a CAGR of 10.7% in the forecast period 2018 to 2025. The new market report contains data for historic years 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Segmentation: Global Newborn Screening Market
Global Newborn Screening Market By Test Type (Dried Blood Spot Test, Hearing Screen Test, Critical Congenital Heart Diseases Test), Product Type (Instruments, Reagents & Assay Kits), Technology (Tandem Mass Spectrometry, Hearing Screen Technology, Pulse Oximetry Screening Technology, Immunoassays And Enzymatic Assays, Electrophoresis, DNA-Based Assays), Diseases Type (Phenylketonuria, Cystic Fibrosis, Sickle Cell Disease, Newborn Hearing Loss, Critical Congenital Heart Diseases, Maple Syrup Urine Disease), End User (Hospital, Pediatric Clinics, Clinics), By Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)- Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Get Free Sample of Research Report: http://databridgemarketresearch.com/request-a-sample/?dbmr=global-newborn-screening-market
Drivers: Global Newborn Screening Market
The major factors contributing to the growth of the market include rising prevalence of new born screening, growth in neonatal diseases, increased government funding and technological advancements in screening.
RISING PREVALENCE OF NEWBORN SCREENING
Newborn screening is the testing used in the diagnoses of harmful and fatal disorders in newborns, which can adversely affect their long term health. Early detection and diagnosis of disorders will reduce the death along with the diseases and associated disabilities.
Currently, this screening tests around thirty metabolic and genetic diseases. Some of them are phenylketonuria (PKU), congenital hypothyroidism (CH), galactosemia (GAL), and sickle cell disease. The screening program offers appropriate diagnosis, treatment, and ongoing evaluation.
- According to American Academy of Paediatrics (AAP), in 2018, an article published that stated that each year 4.1 million new-borns are screened for congenital disorders in the U.S. Out of which four thousands infants are detected with disorder and it is assessed that another 1,000 infants were undetected with conditions.
- According to National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD), about 4 million infants are born each year in the U.S. and it is reported that 99.9% or higher number of infants were screened.
- ˇ According to World Health Organization (WHO), neonatal mortality has been decreased. This is because people have started choosing newborn screening. This is because it detects the disorder effectively as compared to other practices.
Speak to Research Analyst for Further Query: http://databridgemarketresearch.com/speak-to-analyst/?dbmr=global-newborn-screening-market
GROWTH IN NEONATAL DISEASES
Newborn screening detects numerous disorders that can be extremely fatal for the infant. Newborn screening is practiced in order to prevent from lifetime disorder or death. Cystic fibrosis (CF), is the neonatal disease, which can be detected or diagnosed and derives from an altered synthesis of a protein involved in the transport of chloride ions. Homocystinuria, a disorder which is caused by enzyme deficiency, blocks the metabolism of homocysteine to cystathionine.
- According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), congenital heart defects (CHD) are the most common types of birth defects which affect nearly 1%, about 40,000 births per year in the U.S.
- According to Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, more than 30,000 people are living with cystic fibrosis in U.S. and more than 70,000 are present worldwide. Each year approximately 1,000 new cases of CF are diagnosed. More than 75 % of people with CF are diagnosed by the age of 2 and more than half of the CF population is age 18 or older.
- According to Health Research Funding Organization, in 2014, about 9,000 people in the U.S. were living galactosemia and every year 60-100 new cases of galactosemia diagnosed.
- According to World Health Organization (WHO), every year nearly 41% of all under-five child deaths are among newborns in their first 28 days of life or the neonatal period. The major causes of neonatal deaths worldwide are infections (36%, which includes sepsis/pneumonia, tetanus and diarrhea), pre-term (28%), and birth asphyxia (23%).
INCREASED GOVERNMENT INITIATIVES
Newborn screening is a preventive pediatric screening that screens 80 different genetic and congenital disorders in babies for many serious and also curable genetic disorders. Initiatives such as awareness programs are propelling the growth of the market. Top-notch health association that is World Health Organization (WHO) promotes the primary prevention of congenital anomalies with newborn screening programs.
- According to National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), in an article issued in 2014, Newborn screening was begun with cord-blood screening for glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (G6PD deficiency) in 1980.
- According to National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), in an article published in 2014, the Ministry of Health Malaysia employed a congenital hypothyroidism (CH) screening program for all babies delivered in government hospitals in 2003.
- The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has provided newborn screening support to developing countries for congenital hypothyroidism screening. This is because this screening can be related to peaceful use of radioisotopes (such as radioimmunoassay using I-125). Their efforts have led to both national and regional projects including a regional project in that began in East Asia in 1999. However, IAEA activities are limited to technical assistance for countries without newborn screening programs and countries with low screening coverage.
Major Players: Global Newborn Screening Market
Some of the prominent players operating in this market are PerkinElmer Inc., Trivitron Healthcare, Interacoustics A/S , Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Natus Medical Incorporated, Masimo, Medtronic, Intelligent Hearing Systems, Interacoustics A/S, Otodynamics Ltd, Vivosonic Inc., ZenTech S.A., AB Sciex, Welch Allyn, Baebies, Inc. among others.
Want Full Report? Enquire Here: http://databridgemarketresearch.com/inquire-before-buying/?dbmr=global-newborn-screening-market
Data Bridge set forth itself as an unconventional and neoteric Market research and consulting firm with an unparalleled level of resilience and integrated approaches. We are determined to unearth the best market opportunities and foster efficient information for your business to thrive in the market. Data Bridge endeavors to provide appropriate solutions to the complex business challenges and initiates an effortless decision-making process.
Data Bridge adepts in creating satisfied clients who reckon upon our services and rely on our hard work with certitude. Get 10% Discount on Report by emailing [email protected] . We are content with our glorious 99.9 % client satisfying rate.
Company Name: Data Bridge Market Research Private LimitedContact Person: Sopan Gedam
Address:Office Number 402, Amanora Chambers, Magarpatta Road, Hadapsar
Related Keywords:Health & Medicine,News & Current Affairs,Pharmaceuticals & Biotech,Website & Blog,World,
Related Sites: DMN Newswire , HTN - Health Technology Net
Related Newsletter: Tutorial Finder , Review Seeker , DMN Newswire Newsletter