|Page (1) of 1 - 07/10/18||email article||print page|
(July 10, 2018)
CHELMSFORD, Mass., July 10, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- LiveProcess, a healthcare communication and emergency management technology company, will present a series of long-term care compliance webinars on the CMS emergency preparedness rule, featuring Mike Boucher, an expert in healthcare emergency management. The online events are open for registration†and will be held during July, August and September 2018.
"Communication, planning and practice are at the core of emergency preparedness for long-term care organizations, and also for compliance with the CMS emergency preparedness rule," said Terry Zysk, CEO of LiveProcess. "No one wants to see elderly and vulnerable patients undergo unnecessary risk and stress in an emergency or disaster event, as they were during last summer's hurricanes, with flooding and outages in the aftermath."
Many long-term care administrators and business owners are grappling with understanding the practical implications of the CMS emergency preparedness final rule. It was created to prevent negative outcomes such as those depicted in the horrific images of nursing home residents in wheelchairs waist-deep in flood waters last summer, along with power and HVAC outages that created unhealthy indoor conditions.
In these webinars, Boucher, MSN, RN, and Certified Emergency Manager, will explain what's needed for long-term care compliance and disaster management.
"The CMS emergency preparedness rule aligns with good emergency management practices for any organization, including long-term care facilities," said Boucher.
WEBINARS TO WATCH: CMS EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS RULE FOR LONG-TERM CARE
The webinars are specifically for administrators and owners of healthcare organizations such as skilled nursing facilities (SNFs), inpatient rehabilitation facilities (IRF), nursing homes, continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs), senior/elder care homes, retirement homes and more.
Each webinar includes practical tips and open Q&A.
1) What You Have to Do: Essential Requirements for LTC Compliance (July 2018)
You will learn:
- The three goals of the CMS emergency preparedness rule
- That a plan is not enough
- Six essential requirements long-term care facilities must meet
- What to expect from your CMS survey in preparedness
2) 9 Steps to Compliance: How to Build a CMS Compliant Program for LTC: (August 2018)
You will learn:
- What's the difference between a program and a plan
- 9 steps to establish a CMS-compliant emergency preparedness program for long-term care
3) Testing the Plan: Best Practices for Executing and Exercising Your Plan (September 2018)
You will learn:
- Best practices for ensuring your teams' preparedness
- Techniques for evaluating the readiness of your emergency preparedness program. †
- How to effectively test your CMS emergency preparedness program
- When to involve staff and community partners
- From the experts, leveraging the lessons you've just learned
OPEN REGISTRATION: HEALTHCARE EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS EDUCATION FOR LONG-TERM CARE
The first webinar, What You Have to Do: Rule Requirements for the CMS Emergency Preparedness Compliance for Long-Term Care Organizations, will be held July 24 at 1pm Eastern and July 26 at 3pm Eastern. Register today.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
An expert in healthcare and emergency management, Mike Boucher served as a registered nurse and healthcare system emergency manager with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).†He will share his knowledge of emergency program and plan development and evaluation, hazard assessment, emergency exercise design and evaluation, and incident command.† He is a subject matter expert in healthcare emergency management training, product development and testing, and was an external evaluator for the VA portion of the Homeland Security National Level Exercise.
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:healthcare,Surgery,Seniors Health,Seniors,Nurse,Science,Medical,Business,disaster,Medical Professionals,
Related Sites: DMN Newswire , itbusinessnet.com , HTN - Health Technology Net
Related Newsletter: DMNForums , Tutorial Finder , Review Seeker , DMN Newswire Newsletter