|Page (1) of 1 - 07/31/18||email article||print page|
(July 31, 2018)
SAN FRANCISCO, July 31, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global colorectal cancer (CRC) drugs market size is expected to reach USD 10.8 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., exhibiting a CAGR of 3.3% during the forecast period. Several factors such as increasing target population and rising adoption of targeted therapies are anticipated to fuel market growth.
Products in the pipeline are striving to meet some of the unmet needs of the colorectal cancer (CRC) market. If approved, Array Biopharma's cetuximab plus encorafenib would become the first therapy indicated for BRAF-mutant mCRC treatment. Sumitomo Dainippon's Napabucasin is a cancer stem cell inhibitor targeting STAT-3.
There are few available adjuvant/neoadjuvant medicines for treatment of high-risk resectable colorectal cancer. Lack of pipeline agents in this setting presents a good opportunity for development of effective treatments that can improve cure rates for resected patients. At present, most available treatments for resectable CRC include cheaper chemotherapeutic regimens and generics.
Upcoming patent expiries of key products such as Roche's Avastin, Amgen's Vectibix, and Sanofi's Zaltrap will lead to biosimilar penetration. Amgen/Allergan's Mvasi marked the first Avastin biosimilar approval in U.S. and Europe in 2017 and 2018, respectively. Cizumab and Krabeva are some of the biosimilars to Avastin launched in India. Several other biosimilars to Avastin and Erbitux are under development.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Colorectal Cancer (CRC) Drugs/ Therapeutic Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Drug Class (Chemotherapy, Immunotherapy), By Country (U.S., U.K., Germany, Spain, Italy, France, Japan), And Segment Forecasts, 2016 - 2022" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/colorectal-cancer-crc-drugs-therapeutic-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Immunotherapy dominated the market based on drug class in 2016, owing to increasing adoption of targeted therapies such as Avastin and Erbitux
- Chemotherapy is likely to lose market share on account of non-specificity, adverse effects, and development of resistance to chemical agents. However, recent launch of anti-PD1 drugs such as Opdivo and Keytruda is likely to change the current landscape due to their target-oriented mechanism of action
- U.S. accounted for the largest share based on country and is projected to maintain its dominance through to 2022 owing to growing disease burden, increasing treatment rate, and high cost of drugs
- Roche led the colorectal cancer industrial setting in 2016 due to growing usage of Avastin. Avastin was the highest revenue-generating CRC medicine in 2016. However, Roche is projected to lose market share on grounds of Avastin's patent expiry and biosimilar penetration
- Bristol-Myer Squibb and Merck are anticipated to be market leaders in the colorectal cancer drugs market space by 2022 due to increasing adoption of targeted therapies such as Opdivo and Keytruda.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Hemoglobinopathies Market - The global hemoglobinopathies market size was valued at USD 4.2 billion in 2014.
- Inhalation Anesthesia Market - The Global inhalation anesthesia market size was valued at USD 1.2 billion in 2014. Key growth factors include rapid increase in aging population suffering from chronic diseases
- Liposomal Doxorubicin Market - The global liposomal doxorubicin market size was valued at USD 814.6 million in 2015 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.2% during the forecast period.
- Anxiety Disorders And Depression Treatment Market - The global anxiety disorders and depression treatment market size was valued at USD 15.2 billion in 2015 and is anticipated to show steady growth due to the increasing prevalence of anxiety disorder
Grand View Research has segmented the global colorectal cancer drugs market based on drug class and country:
- Colorectal Cancer Drug Class Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2022)
- Colorectal Cancer Drugs Country Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2022)
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, The Grand Library, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:USA, Inc.,Medicine,Disease,Aging,healthcare,Therapy,Surgery,Medication,Science,Medical,Stem Cell,Cancer,Business,Other,
Related Sites: DMN Newswire , HTN - Health Technology Net
Related Newsletter: Tutorial Finder , Review Seeker , DMN Newswire Newsletter