TORONTO, Nov. 25, 2021 /CNW/ – Canada Health Infoway (Infoway) invites patients, families, caregivers, clinicians, health care organizations, industry, government and other organizations to join us Nov. 29-Dec. 5 to celebrate Digital Health Week. This annual event is an opportunity to celebrate and showcase our collective progress in making health care more accessible, convenient, and efficient by making it more digital.
What do we have to celebrate? According to the Canadian Digital Health Survey 2021, commissioned by Infoway, Canadians are continuing to embrace digital health and its many benefits:
- 91 per cent said a virtual visit saved them time and money
- 90 per cent were satisfied with the care they received in a virtual visit
- 84 per cent were satisfied with the e-mental health care they received
- 82 per cent want to use electronic prescriptions
- 79 per cent want to access their personal health information electronically.
There are many ways you can participate in Digital Health Week, including:
- Joining the HCLDR tweet chat Nov. 30, 8:30-9:30 p.m. ET using #HCLDR
- Joining the eHealth Centre of Excellence webinar: Clinical burnout: an epidemic within a pandemic. How can digital health help? Dec. 2, 12-1 p.m. ET
- Sharing social posts with our toolkit
- Tweeting #ThinkDigitalHealth.
And you won’t want to miss our signature event—the Infoway Partnership Conference—on Dec. 1 from 11 a.m.–3 p.m. ET. Hosted by Suhana Meharchand, keynote speakers include:
- Dr. Jennifer Arnold, cancer survivor, Neonatologist and Medical Director, Center for Medical Simulation and Innovative Education, Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital
- Will Falk, Executive-in-Residence, University of Toronto-Rotman School of Management; Senior Fellow, C.D. Howe Institute; and Innovation Fellow at Women’s College Hospital
- Michael Green, President and CEO, Canada Health Infoway.
There will be concurrent sessions about virtual care, e-prescribing, e-mental health, standards, privacy, health equity, change management, artificial intelligence, innovation and interoperability, and there will be many opportunities to network with attendees in the Connect Live Rooms and with sponsors at the Industry Showcase.
About Canada Health Infoway
At Canada Health Infoway (Infoway) we believe a more connected and collaborative system is a healthier system, and we work with governments, health care organizations, clinicians, and patients to make health care more digital. We’re working to ensure that everyone is able to access their personal health information, book appointments, get prescriptions, view lab test results and access other health services, online. We’re working with our partners to transform the health system because we know that digital in health can be as transformative as digital has been in other aspects of our lives. We’re an independent, not-for-profit organization funded by the federal government. Visit us online at www.infoway-inforoute.ca.
Director, Corporate/Internal Communications
Canada Health Infoway
SOURCE Canada Health Infoway